Pass Christian Historical Society
"Pass Christian… where the climate, people and surroundings are all delightful." — Theodore Roosevelt

413 East Scenic Drive

A photo of the Soria-Law House (413 East Scenic) in 1978, from the National Register application for the Scenic Drive Historic District.

 

From the “Inventory of Buildings in District”:

“Soria-Law House”. 1900. Handsomely proportioned, raised, one-story, frame, hip-roofed dwelling with bungaloid and Colonial Revival styling. Inset gallery with coupled Tuscan columns. Central entrance bay set with broad, circular-headed frontispiece surrounding French doors and corresponding side lights,which also open. Single bungaloid dormer. Commodious central hall, double-pile plan interior. Colonial Revival mantels. Built by Frank Wittmann. Unaltered.

– National Register of Historic Places, Inventory — Nomination Form, 1978

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

413 East Scenic in 1946. At the time, it was the home of Bertha (Dot) and Thomas S. Adams. Photo by Albin L. Adams (son of Tom Adams), provided to us by Anita Adams Wallinger (granddaughter of Tom Adams).