From the “Inventory of Buildings in District”:
“Markle House”. 1935-36. Well-proportioned, two-story, brick, hip-roofed, Colonial Revival dwelling with flanking, one-story, hip-roofed wings. Double-tiered inset gallery with cabinets enclosed with louvered blinds. Fence, landscaping, and color scheme of pink and turquoise complement well-preserved period piece. Designed by Richard Koch of Koch & Wilson, New Orleans.
– National Register of Historic Places, Inventory — Nomination Form, 1978
* Featured home in the Pass Christian Historical Society’s 2010 Garden Party and Home Tour