From the “Inventory of Buildings in District”:
“Legier-Frye House”. Ca. 1910. Superbly detailed and proportions two-story, frame, hip-roofed, Colonial Revival dwelling with some bungaloid elements. Built by master builder Frank Wittmann. Lattice-enclosed, pergola-like entrance porch and pilastered side solaria topped by roof gardens. One of the most architecturally progressive and best-preserved dwellings on the beach. Low picket fence and landscaping complement architecture. Earlier pedimented one-story frame cottage with square-columned inset gallery also on property.
– National Register of Historic Places, Inventory — Nomination Form, 1978