From the “Inventory of Buildings in District”:
“Breaux-Clay House”. Ca. 1895. 1940. Gracious, two-story, frame, hip-roofed, Colonial Revival dwelling. Double-tiered inset gallery with giant-order square columns. Handsome Ionic-columned frontispiece surrounds single-leaf door with leaded-glass upper panel and carved lower panel. Thermal windowed dormer on front elevation. Two-story hip-roofed addition to west side. Porte-cochere on eastern end.
– National Register of Historic Places, Inventory — Nomination Form, 1978