From the “Inventory of Buildings in District”:
Ca. 1850. Originally a story-and-a-half, frame, five-bay, coastal cottage; gallery with square columns wrapped around three full sides of house. Consoles carrying overhanging cornice over each bay on stuccoed facade. Distinctive pilastered dormers added. Numerous rear ells attaching former outbuilding and enclosing galleries. Currently under restoration. Most significant antebellum house on western portion of beachfront.
– National Register of Historic Places, Inventory — Nomination Form, 1978